Position: Director of Food and Beverage
Location: Luminary Hotel Complex – Fort Myers, FL
Directs and oversees all aspects of the organization’s food and beverage planning and service, with duties to include menu planning and costs, preparation and presentation of food and drinks, and adherence to quality and safety standards. Plans, coordinates, and oversees special events. Must identify marketing opportunities to promote food and beverage products. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. Will provide input into developing annual budgets. Responsible to escalate issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
· Develop and implement cost-saving and profit-enhancing measures
· Communicate with all departments to ensure that customer service needs and expectations are fulfilled.
· Create a positive atmosphere for guests and team members
· Developing, implementing, and changing menu items; interviewing, selecting, training, supervising, counseling, and maintaining disciplined F&B staff;
· Work with the individual outlet managers to assure food and beverage quality, good service and cleanliness.
· Manage the day to day operations, ensuring quality service standards are met and the guest experience is exceptional
· Maintain accurate payroll for all team members within the department. Comply with deadlines to ensure proper hours, PTO, and Holidays are paid out correctly.
· Participate in required meetings to include: Executive, Departmental, Staff, Manager, and any other meetings.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which includes wearing proper professional attire
· Comply with all safety standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations and OSHA guidelines
· Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints, and/or accidents at all F&B outlets in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner including follow up to ensure guest satisfaction
· Direct daily huddles at every shift to inform team of the hotel happenings
· Conduct monthly meetings with department to review scores, training, and any hotel / department items.
· Uphold standards regarding purchase orders, voucher of invoices, and checkbook accounting according to Mainsail Lodging & Development standards
· Ensure team members are aware of all applicable laws regarding alcoholic beverages.
· Ensure all Brand Standards are being followed.
· Ensure compliance with all F&B policies and procedures by training, supervision, hands on approach, and follow- up
· Control costs by conducting daily / monthly par checks and inventory to review portion control, reduce waste, and ensure no interruption of service
· Monitor beverage staff to ensure proper portion control and maintain low beverage cost
· Direct all management and team members to maintain a professional work environment
· Ensure team members are treated fairly and equitably, prioritize team member retention
· Monitor and track team member performance to ensure a “whole picture” review session
· Direct with the assisting in the conducting of annual team member reviews
· Respond to emergency situations using information contained in Safety Data Sheets; keep SDSs current and easily available
· Managing banquets
· Review of P&L reports
· Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Hotel and Restaurant Administration preferred
· Minimum 3-4 years of senior F&B managerial experience within a high volume multi outlet setting
· Pre-Opening Hotel / Restaurant experience preferred
· Free Standing Restaurant and / or Life Style Hotel experience preferred
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to interact patiently, tactfully, and diplomatically with internal and external guests.
· Micros and Open Table knowledge preferred.
· Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
· Ability to communicate clearly
· Ability to lift, bend, and carry 20 lbs.
· Corrected vision to normal range.
· Ability to work long hours as needed
· Make sound judgments quickly
· Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
· Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
· Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel and the community
· Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
· Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
· Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
May 23, 2023