Reports to: VP of Finance, General Manager
The Director of Finance will serve as the strategic financial business leader & partner for Innovation Hotel, a groundbreaking hotel concept located in Naples, Florida. Working in tandem with fellow executive leaders and ownership representatives, the ideal candidate will embrace, uphold and celebrate the exciting vision, mission, and core values of Innovation Hotel and Mainsail Lodging & Development.
The Director of Finance will champion, develop, and implement products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the company, brand, and investors. Additionally, through implementing a sound internal control system and relevant processes, the overall safeguarding owner asserts will be a priority. The ability to lead, influence and encourage others; advocate sound financial / business decision making; demonstrate honesty and integrity; are paramount to the success of this role.
**Please note, Mainsail Lodging & Development is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screening, to include a background test and drug screen, is required for all candidates who are offered a position.
• Support General Manager and hotel financial goals by direct oversight and preparation of accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reports which may include Ownership reports, Profit and Loss Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement, and Forecasting.
• Analyzes available information (financial data, customer data, and market trends) and work with the property leadership team to develop strategies to improve revenue, reduce expense; therefore, improving profitability.
• Lead creation of accurate Forecast, Annual Budget, and Business Plan process.
• Ensure a strong accounting and operating control environment to safeguard assets while improve operations and profitability. Ensure compliance with all applicable local laws, compliance, and procedures.
• Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to positively lead, influence, and encourage others. (Core Value: We respect the individual and believe that individuals, who are treated with respect and given responsibility, respond by giving their best)
• Develop accounting staff by coaching, counseling, disciplining and providing annual reviews of performance.
• Oversee and participate in the preparation and submittal of bi-weekly payroll.
• Identify, embrace, and meet the needs of key stakeholders (owners, company, guests, investors, etc.)
• Attends meetings and communicating with owners, understanding the priorities and strategic focus.
• Demonstrates understanding of cash flow and ownership priorities, including experience in preparing future cash flow statement projections.
• Manages/Develop property working capital in accordance with owner requirements and brand standards.
• Monitor and ensure all applicable taxes are current, collected/or accrued, and processed.
• Reconciles Balance Sheet accounts monthly to ensure balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with standard operating procedures.
• Ensure strong local internal control environment, periodically audit and assess operational areas of risk.
• Ensure compliance with management contract and reporting requirements.
• Review and monitor contracts with property vendors. Participate in negotiation of contracts when possible.
• Maintains thorough knowledge of current industry trends and expectations regarding Accounting practices.
• Strong aptitude for technology to include Microsoft Office products, financial software, Micros point of sale, and Opera property management system.
• Support and complete additional duties as necessary and assigned.
Education and experience
• 4- year bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related Major is highly preferred; 3 years experiences in finance and accounting in hospitality industry, in a senior management position
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Corrected vision to normal range
• Make sound judgments quickly
• Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
• Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
• Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
September 5, 2019