Reports to: General Manager
It is about grit. An attitude. An elevated level of hospitality. Curiosity to seek out new hospitality trends. Desire to nurture relationships. We surround ourselves with those who are like-minded and motivated to educate our guests on the Epicurean experience and bring it to life.
Who we are seeking
We are seeking a unique individual who will embody the heart and soul of a true epicurean while caring deeply about the brand and community. Someone who acts as an extension of our pillars, values, and culture. This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our team members, guests, and community while simultaneously ensuring the success of Epicurean Atlanta.
We want to work with someone at the top of their game, who brings a spirit of fun, authenticity, collaboration and genuine hospitality to their life and work. We are seeking an individual who will help bring the vision of Epicurean Atlanta to life.
We have poured passion, energy, and excitement into crafting an extraordinary place and brand and know the right Director of Finance will be as inspired and passionate about this dynamic vision as we are. Care for people, a belief in the power of the community, and a desire to create ordinary experiences drive us. Is this YOU?
This position will function as the Epicurean Atlanta’s financial business leader, partnering with the General Manager and other property leaders. Additionally, this position will oversee and support the region’s Mainsail properties, to include the Wylie Hotel in Atlanta, GA and Hotel Forty-Five in Macon, GA.
The Director of Finance will embrace and uphold Mainsail Lodging & Development’s Core Values. This position champions, develops, and implements products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of our guests, company, brand and investors. It safeguards owners’ assets by creating and maintaining sound internal controls. The DOF is responsible for producing timely and accurate financial reports and business analytics to assist the team in improving revenue, reducing expenses and maximizing profits.
As a member of property Executive Committee, the Director of Finance will lead, influence and encourage others, advocate sound financial/business decision making, demonstrate honesty and integrity, and will lead by example. With multi-property oversight responsibilities, the Director of Finance will be supported by staff assigned to each property, shared resources between properties and shared corporate support resources.
• Supports Epicurean Atlanta General Manager as well as regional General Managers in the achievement of financial goals by direct oversight.
• Supervises/prepares accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
• Works closely with Mainsail Lodging & Development corporate accounting team to ensure timely reporting and consistency.
• Ensures balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly and supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with Mainsail standard operating procedures.
• Must be willing to “roll up the sleeves” to ensure the work gets done.
• Analyzes available information (financial data, customer data, market trends, etc…) and utilizes the information to achieve financial goals and a competitive edge.
• Leads the creation of accurate forecasts, annual budgets and business plans.
• Ensures a strong accounting and operating control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and maximize profitability by conducting periodic audits and assessments of areas of risk.
• Participates in sales and revenue strategy meetings to drive top line revenue.
• Monitors daily operations to ensure all applicable taxes are current, collected, accrued and processed.
• Develops property team members’ business acumen regarding revenue growth, labor productivity, expense reduction, inventory control and overall understanding of the income statement and cash flow.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and encourage others. (Core Value: We respect the individual and believe that individuals, who are treated with respect and given responsibility, respond by giving their best)
• Understands and meet the needs of key stakeholders (owners, company, guests, investors, team members.)
• Attends meetings and communicates with owners, demonstrating an understanding of global priorities and a strategic focus.
• Actively participates in the training and ongoing continuing education of direct reports.
• Seeks knowledge of and compliance with applicable Franchise and Management Agreements.
• Reviews and monitors contracts with property vendors. Participates in negotiation of contracts when possible.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable local laws and procedures.
• Completes additional duties as necessary and assigned.
Education and experience
• 4 year bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major is highly preferred
• 7 years of progressive experience in finance and accounting in hospitality industry
• Experience in a senior financial management position
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Corrected vision to normal range
• Makes sound judgments quickly
• Ability to work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
• Maintains the highest degree of confidentiality
• Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
February 19, 2021