* Due to the economic impact of COVID-19 (coronavirus), Mainsail is encouraging persons who are interested in any of our open positions that match your skills, knowledge, and ability to apply. Although we are delighted in you applying at this time, we are, however, following the guidelines of the CDC whereby you may be called for a phone or video interview initially instead of in-person interview.
Please note, certain positions may have a delay in being filled due to this recent pandemic. Thank you again for your interest in applying to work at Mainsail. *
Functions as the property’s strategic financial business leader and partner to the General Manager and property leaders. The position is responsible for the day to day over-sight of property accounting operations. The DOF will embrace, uphold and celebrate the Company’s Core Values.
The position champions, develops, and implements products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the company, brand and investors. The position safeguards owners’ assets by creating and maintaining sound internal control system. Under the direction of the DOF, the accounting operations will produce timely and accurate financial reporting, and business analytics, to assist the team in improving revenue and reduce operating expenses.
As a member of property executive committee, the position is to lead, influence and encourage others; advocates sound financial / business decision makings; demonstrate honesty / integrity; and lead by example.
With property oversight responsibilities, the DOF will be supported by staff assigned to each property, as well as shared resources between properties, and shared corporate support resources.
**Please note, Mainsail Lodging & Development is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screening, to include a background test and drug screen, is required for all candidates offered a position.
- Support General Manager and hotel financial goals by direct oversight and preparation of accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including: Ownership reports, Profit and Loss Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statements, and Monthly Reconciliations.
- Analyzes available information (financial data, customer data, market trends and etc.) and work with team to develop means to improve revenue, reduce expense; therefore, improving profitability.
- Lead creation of accurate Forecast, Annual Budget and business plan process.
- Ensure a strong accounting and operating control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability. Ensure compliance with all applicable local laws and procedures.
- Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and encourage others. (Core Value: We respect the individual and believe that individuals, who are treated with respect and given responsibility, respond by giving their best)
- Understand and meet the needs of key stakeholders (owners, company, guests, investors, etc.)
- Attends meetings and communicating with owners, understanding the priorities and strategic focus.
- Demonstrates understanding of cash flow and owner priorities and experience in this area, in preparing future cash flow statement projections.
- Manages/Develop property working capital in accordance with owner requirements and brand standards.
- Monitor and ensure all applicable taxes are current, collected/or accrued, and processed.
- Reconciles Balance Sheet accounts monthly to ensure balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Participate in Sales & Revenue Strategy Meetings to drive top line revenue.
- Ensure P&L is accurate.
- Ensure strong local internal control environment, periodically audit and assess operation areas of risks.
- Ensure compliance with management contract and reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance with standard and local operating procedures.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Franchise and Management Agreements, where applicable.
- Review and monitor contracts with property vendors. Participate in negotiation of contracts when possible.
- Manage & prepare unit owner invoices, collection and reporting (both owner and COA), where applicable (condo hotel properties)
- Keep up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Support and complete additional duties as necessary and assigned.
Education and experience
- 4- year bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related Major is highly preferred; 5 years’ experience in finance and accounting in hospitality industry, in a senior management position
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations