We are Now Hiring at Hotel Forty Five! We are seeking passionate, innovative, and visionary individuals, apply today! In a city of diverse cultures, beautiful architecture, and rich musical history, you’ll find Macon, GA. Here, you’ll find Hotel Forty Five, which embodies all these aspects that make Macon, Macon. Opening its doors in January of 2022, Hotel Forty Five is waiting for you! Looking to hire late November.
Job Summary: The Chief Engineers essential functions are to ensure proper operations and maintenance of Hotel 45. The Chief Engineer is responsible of supporting the company goals of guest and team satisfaction, cost control, and overall operational efficiency. They also responsible for overseeing the Preventative Maintenance program, ensuring that all guest units/suites and public space meet standards. The Chief Engineer also ensures compliance with all requirements from the Fire Department and maintains up to date all Federal/State or Local governing agents’ certifications, with support of the hotel general manager.
Status: Exempt — $55,000 annually + Benefits
Full-Time Associate Benefits:
Medical, Dental & Vision · HSA & Flexible Spending Account Options · Basic Life & Disability Plan Options · 401(k) Retirement Plan · Paid Time Off · Holiday Pay · Career Training & Development Opportunities · Tuition Reimbursement · Bereavement Leave · Employee Assistance Program (EAP) · Jury Duty (may vary by state) · Employee Discounts · Employee Referral Bonus · All full-service hotel employees receive a FREE meal
Part-time associates receive all the above benefits with the exception of Medical Insurance & Holiday Pay. These part-time voluntary benefits are 100% employee paid.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper dress code when working.
- Comply always with Marriott and Mainsail Brand operations standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Review Maintenance staff’s worked hours for payroll compilation and submit through the payroll system to allow Accounting to complete the payroll process.
- Focus the Maintenance Department on their role in contributing to the Guest Service Satisfaction, including training, organization, and motivation of a team
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide training on a rotational basis using the steps to effective training.
- Ensure the Material Safety Data (MSD) sheets are current and easily available
- Establish ongoing training for all departments especially Housekeeping, Front Desk, Loss Prevention, Maintenance and Kitchen to maintain basic upkeep of their departments and equipment.
- Adhere to budgeted or re-forecasted expense allotments, using proper procedures for all purchases and ensure all necessary items stocked.
- Coordinate all inspections of the fire safety systems, including extinguishers, smoke alarms, etc., to maintain proper safety standards.
- Ensure that a Preventive Maintenance Program is implemented and administered.
- Document and distribute an Emergency Procedures Plan among all Management Staff and in case of an emergency, conduct and execute the Plan with the Supervision of the General Manager of the hotel.
- Manage energy expenses and continually work towards energy conservation.
- Evaluate and spot check the work of all staff and contractors or outside laborers.
- Maintain files of and be familiar with all operational manuals and warranty agreements for equipment.
- Operate company vehicle (s) as required by task
- Immediately follow up on any alarms to determine the exact location and cause; determine emergency status and report to the General Manager with findings.
- Act as emergency contact person for facilities matters.
- Inspection of guestrooms of a predetermined quantity per month/quarter.
- Weekly Inspection of Hotel property.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Be familiar with the hotel and know the function of each department.
- Ensure daily property tour of the hotel and exterior perimeter for debris and trash removal is conducted by the Maintenance Technicians; Check the lighting and irrigation periodically.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
- Ensure successful performance assisting guests with an exceptional experience.
Education & Experience:
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 years of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Current Certification as required by Federal, State or Local governing agents pertaining to trade requirements (i.e. HVAC, pool operation, electrical), property specific.
- Current certification and licensing to operate and repair the hotels boilers and chillers as required by the state.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
NOTICE: The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All employees must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift as business demands. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.