Reports to: Corporate Director of Sales
Trilith Guesthouse will open in early 2024!
This boutique hotel will showcase a street-level signature restaurant, fifth-floor rooftop bar, culinary studio and indoor/outdoor event spaces spanning over 20,000 square feet, adjacent to Trilith Studios.
The Guesthouse at Trilith is inspired by great storytelling that invites guests to create their own. In keeping with the powerful promise of Trilith Studios, its town, and its overriding purpose, Trilith Guesthouse is designed to champion and inspire the storyteller in everyone.
Responsible for handling sales and detailing (pre-open, until event management joins the team) of social catering opportunities. Contracts and closes local catering and social catering business. Ensures that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Works closely with the Trilith and Fayetteville communities to establish preferred vendors and partnerships. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maximizing Revenue & Managing Profitability
· Identifies, qualifies and solicits new catering business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals
· Details social catering events and remains point of contact with client until event management is hired
· Established billing for definite function and ensures deposits are collected
· Proactively solicits affiliate business associated with citywide events
· Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
· Maximizes revenue by up-selling packages and creative food and beverage offerings.
· Identifies and implements process improvements and best practices.
· Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations.
· Ensures successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and the business.
Managing Sales Activities
· Manages the sales efforts for the hotel related to catering business.
· Responds to incoming catering opportunities for the hotel.
· Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs.
· Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
· Designs, develops, and sells creative catered events.
· Identifies and assists with selling, implementing and following-through on catering promotions.
· Promotes accountability to drive superior business results.
· Executes Sales strategies and business processes.
· Executes and supports Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
· Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
· Participates in and practice daily service basics of the brand
Building Successful Relationships
· Works collaboratively with property Sales and Marketing colleagues as well as other hotel departments to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
· Develops a close working relationship with operations to ensure execution of strategies at the hotel level.
· Works with the management team to create and implement a catering sales plan addressing revenue, customers and market.
· Works with the property’s Food and Beverage team to develop menus that drive sales.
· Interacts effectively with vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments (including Sales, Kitchen and Events) in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Ensures that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
· Ability to assist the banquet and events team on special events when needed
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
· Serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
· Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
· Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship.
· Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
· Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs
Education & Experience
· 4-year Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Catering sales and or convention services experience preferred.
· Current or recent experience with Marriott systems, SFAweb and CI/TY strongly preferred.
· Familiarization of the local markets preferred.
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to effectively present information to individuals or groups
· Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
· Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
· Ability to communicate clearly
· Corrected vision to normal range
· Ability to drive/transport self and others
· Ability to travel, domestically and internationally
· Long hours and weekend hours sometimes required
· Make sound judgments quickly
· Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
· Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
· Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel and the community
· Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
· Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
· Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
May 1, 2023