Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina is named after its location, a serene 230-acre private-island haven situated at the east end of Tortola in the British Virgin Islands. A luxury, AAA Four-Diamond hotel and the first member of Marriott’s Autograph Collection in the Caribbean, the resort is tucked into a rugged cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea and neighboring islands. It features 52 guest accommodations as well as a collection of two-, three-, four- and six-bedroom villas, the intimate Ixora Spa, world-class restaurants, two private beaches, on-site boutique, sundries shop with grab & go options, full-service provisions store and a 55-slip marina. The resort marina offers exhilarating excursions through Dive BVI, sailing certifications with Offshore Sailing School and is the base of operations for Dream Yacht Charter, the world’s leading charter company. Visit ScrubIsland.com to learn more.
To produce an outstanding guest experience within the outlet concept. The Bar Supervisor/ Barista provides a courteous, professional and efficient service in accordance with the outlet, hotel and Mainsail/Marriott standards, driving sales and maximizes profit.
Education & Experience:
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in beverages/bar luxury resort island operations
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, and evenings.
- Must have a professional Barista diploma
- Ability to communicate with guests, staff, management and leadership team.
- Excellent knowledge of beverages
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper dress code when working.
- Comply always with Marriott Brand standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient resort operations.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Mainsail/Marriott grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Understand thoroughly the concept of the outlet and assume training responsibilities as requested by the Outlet Manager.
- Set an example in terms of service and products knowledge.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Plan daily routine checklist and station division according to the work schedule.
- Assist in the monthly inventory of operating supplies and equipment.
- Report incidents that require disciplinary actions immediately to the Outlet Manager.
- Ensure that the opening and closing procedures established for the outlet are followed.
- Give customers drink menus and answer their questions regarding ingredients
- Take orders while paying attention to details (e.g. preferences of coffee blend, dairy and sugar ratios)
- Selling coffee and tea blends and brewing equipment, highlighting the differences between items, and educating customers about brewing methods.
- Learning about brewing methods, beverage blends, food preparation, and presentation techniques to improve food quality.
- Prepare beverages following recipes
- Serve beverages and prepared food, like cookies, pastries and muffins
- Receive and process payments (cash and credit cards)
- Keep the bar area clean
- Maintain stock of clean mugs and plates
- Check if brewing equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
- Comply with health and safety regulations
- Communicate customer feedback to managers and recommend new menu items