Originally opened in 1927, Fenway Hotel is an icon of the jazz age, playing host to notable explorers, artists, politicians, musicians and living legends in its time as an operating hotel. Today, Fenway is a Mainsail Lodging & Development project and a member of the prestigious Autograph Collection® of Marriott International, Inc.
Here, we’ve altered the scale with a duet of imaginative and bold outlets. And that’s where you come in!
As Banquet Manager, this position is responsible for leading and ensuring successful event and food & beverage operations at Fenway Hotel. This is a full-time position, and is expected to manage hotel F&B outlet operations as needed and during periods of event downtime.
Who we are seeking:
We want to work with a passionate individual, who brings a spirit of fun, authenticity, collaboration and genuine hospitality to their life and work, while caring deeply about our brand and community. Someone who acts as an extension of our pillars, values, and culture. This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our team members, guests, and community while simultaneously ensuring the success of Fenway Hotel.
- Understands the impact of banquet operations on the overall success of our hotel, and manages our banquet team and operation to maximize customer satisfaction
- Possesses the ability to provide memorable experiences and takeaways at every touch point of an event
- Assists with managing and leading outlet operations for our restaurant and two bars
- Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events and F&B operations
- Conduct daily huddles to inform team of the hotel happenings, announcements, daily specials, etc.
- Ensure team is in proper uniform/approved attire
- Projects supply needs for the department, (e.g., China, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props).
- Applies knowledge of all laws, as they relate to an event
- Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures
- Challenges the boundaries of creativity when it comes to trends and set-up
- Maintains established sanitation levels
- Manages departmental inventories and maintains equipment
- Uses banquet beverage records to control liquor costs and manage the banquet beverage perpetual inventory
- Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits
- Assists team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain business and increase growth
- Sets goals and delegates tasks to improve departmental performance
- Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet team
- Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cutting-edge cuisine with emphasis on current event trends
- Acts as a liaison to the kitchen staff
- Sets the positive example for guest relations
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints
- Empowers team members to provide excellent customer service
- Ensures team members understand expectations and parameters
- Strives to improve service performance
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement
- Reviews GSS, GXP and guest satisfaction results with team members
- Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures
- Observes service behaviors of team members and provides feedback to individuals
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans
- Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey results and participates in the development and implementation of corrective action to address service challenges; focuses on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 2 years Banquet Manager experience in an upper, upscale or luxury hotel environment
- Marriott CI experience preffered
- Prior lifestyle hotel or resort related experience a plus
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Makes sound judgments quickly
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Maintains the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
Mainsail Lodging & Development Core Values:
- We respect individuals while celebrating rich dimensions of diversity of others
- We believe in the importance of the entrepreneurial spirit and making things happen through proactive behavior
- We require honesty and integrity in everything we do
- We live up to commitments and are first to follow up with our clients and suppliers
- Work is an important part of life and should be fun
- We carry an ownership mentality and conserve the company’s resources with the same vigilance we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources
- We feel a sense of urgency on all matters related to our clients, investors, guests and residents
- We understand the concept that achieving customer satisfaction is not enough and to be truly successful, we must strive for customer loyalty by delighting them