Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Director of Food & Beverage
It is about grit. An attitude. An elevated level of hospitality. Curiosity to seek out new hospitality trends. Desire to nurture relationships.
At Epicurean Atlanta, we surround ourselves with those who are like-minded and motivated to educate our guests on the Epicurean experience and bring it to life.
Who we are seeking:
We are seeking a unique individual who will embody the heart and soul of a true epicurean while caring deeply about the brand and community. Someone who acts as an extension of our pillars, values, and culture. This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our team members, guests, and community while simultaneously ensuring the success of Epicurean Atlanta.
We want to work with someone at the top of their game, who brings a spirit of fun, authenticity, collaboration and genuine hospitality to their life and work. We are seeking an individual who will help bring the vision of Epicurean Atlanta to life.
We have poured passion, energy, and excitement into crafting an extraordinary place and brand and know the right Banquet Manager will be as inspired and passionate about this dynamic vision as we are. Care for people, a belief in the power of the community, and a desire to create ordinary experiences drive us. Is this YOU?
As Banquet Manager, you will direct and motivate the team while personally assisting in providing high quality service based on requirements and standards. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection. Provides clear and concise communication to every event stakeholder. Identifies opportunities and implements strategic plans to accomplish goals.
- Conduct daily huddles to inform team of the hotel happenings, announcements, daily specials, etc.
- Ensure team is in proper uniform/approved attire
- Perform quarterly inventory on china, glass, silverware, props, and all buffet equipment.
- Projects supply needs for the department, (e.g., China, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props).
- Applies knowledge of all laws, as they relate to an event
- Understands the impact of Banquet operations on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction
- Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures
- Challenges the boundaries of creativity when it comes to trends and set-up
- Possesses the ability to provide memorable experiences and takeaways at every touch point of an event
- Maintains established sanitation levels
- Manages departmental inventories and maintains equipment
- Uses banquet beverage records to control liquor costs and manage the banquet beverage perpetual inventory
- Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits
- Assists team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain business and increase growth
- Sets goals and delegates tasks to improve departmental performance
- Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet team
- Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cutting-edge cuisine with emphasis on current event trends
- Acts as a liaison to the kitchen staff
- Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events
- Sets the positive example for guest relations
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints
- Empowers team members to provide excellent customer service
- Ensures team members understand expectations and parameters
- Strives to improve service performance
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement
- Reviews GSS, GXP and guest satisfaction results with team members
- Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures
- Observes service behaviors of team members and provides feedback to individuals
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans
- Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey results and participates in the development and implementation of corrective action to address service challenges; focuses on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings (e.g, resume meeting, EO meeting)
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 2 years Banquet Manager experience in an upper, upscale or luxury hotel environment
- Prior lifestyle hotel or resort related experience a plus
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Makes sound judgments quickly
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Maintains the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations
Mainsail Lodging & Development Core Values:
- We respect individuals while celebrating rich dimensions of diversity of others
- We believe in the importance of the entrepreneurial spirit and making things happen through proactive behavior
- We require honesty and integrity in everything we do
- We live up to commitments and are first to follow up with our clients and suppliers
- Work is an important part of life and should be fun
- We carry an ownership mentality and conserve the company’s resources with the same vigilance we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources
- We feel a sense of urgency on all matters related to our clients, investors, guests and residents
- We understand the concept that achieving customer satisfaction is not enough and to be truly successful, we must strive for customer loyalty by delighting them