We are seeking individuals who are ready to curate experiences, will make a lasting first impression on our guests and embody the hotel through their high energy personality! If you are a perfectionist, enjoys meeting new people, have the will to learn, and likes to work in a fast – paced environment, this could be the position for you. Epicurean’s At Your Service Host is a unique position in which you will serve as a central point of communication and information for hotel guests and partners providing a unique, professional, and hospitable first impression.
About The Epicurean,
Sometimes, to make something great, you have to start from scratch. We’ve crafted a foodies paradise. A wine lover’s dream. A place for connoisseurs of life to come and indulge their appetite. Because there is no greater homage to life than to indulge in and explore all the flavors that it has to offer. If you share our passion, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Ability to interact with guests by providing exceptional customer service and share hotel knowledge using personalization such as using the guest name.
- Responsible to know all functions to showcase the hotel and the hotel’s unique story to each guest.
- Operate and maintain PBX technology and equipment to manage internal and external property call volume
- Qualify, screen, and transfer calls accordingly according to property and company guidelines
- Actively engage guests in and promote hotel loyalty program including new guest program enrollments.
- Assist and resolve any guest billing inquiries and/or concerns.
- Consistently utilize Empower guest experience tool to reference, maintain, and add guest requests and preferences in accordance with property, company, and brand guidelines.
- Actively monitor and manage all guest and property dispatch requests accordingly to ensure timely service and execution.
- Execute all required front office reports, pre-arrival planning, and checklists as outlined by leadership.
- Execute all in-room dining orders by maintaining a working knowledge of menu offerings. Host will be required to actively recommend and upsell menu items as outlined by food and beverage leadership.
- Serve as a concierge by providing local information for shopping, dining, and recreational destinations. Be prepared to assist guests in setting up reservations or tours in the area.
- Respond to and resolve all guest inquiries and/or opportunities utilizing appropriate empowerment guidelines.
- Follow scheduled shifts and follow break and lunch requirements.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Report any suspicious activity or unusual items in room to hotel leadership and/or loss prevention team
- Report any irregular behavior from guests in public areas and or in room.
- Ability to take initiative and handle assignments with limited supervision.
- Follow all hotel policies and procedures as outlined in the team member handbook.
- Maintain cleanliness and order of work area.
- Perform other duties as management requests to service our guests.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or higher
- Previous hospitality experience preferred
- Previous Lightspeed PMS experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend.
- Ability to lift, pull 40 lbs.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Corrected vision to normal range.
- Ability to work long hours as needed.
- Make sound judgments quickly.
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines.
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others.
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
NOTICE: The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All employees must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shift as business demands. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.