*** Career Fair for Epic ATL ***
Bring your resume; apply in person!
Wednesday 7/28 from 10am-2pm and Thursday 7/29 from 3 pm- 7pm
Address: 1465 Chattahoochee Avenue; Suite 450; Atlanta, GA 30318
ABOUT REVERENCE: rev·er·ence /ˈrev(ə)rəns/
- deep respect for someone or something.
- regard or treat with deep respect.
It’s about grit. An attitude. An elevated level of respect for farmers, fishermen, growers and makers. Curiosity to seek the means to the end. A commitment to understanding the process. Desire to nurture relationships. Here, we’re moving beyond farm-to-table. At Reverence, Epicurean Hotel Atlanta’s signature restaurant, it’s from heart to hand to the soul of our guests. We are as devoted to our craft as the farmers, fishermen, makers and growers we support.
Always inquisitive, forever students of the culinary origins. The back story comes before the glory. We are willing to try, willing to fail in order to improve, to be the best. If spirit can be visible on a plate, it’s possible at Reverence. We surround ourselves with those who are like-minded and motivated to educate the palate for an appreciation of the source.
What does reverence inspire in you? It’s your blank canvas. We’ve set the table, now join us!
WHO WE’RE SEEKING: We’re seeking a unique individual who will embody the heart and soul of a true epicurean while caring deeply about our brand and community. Someone who acts as an extension of our mission, values, and culture. This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our team members, guests, and community while simultaneously ensuring the success and profitability of Reverence.
We want to work with someone who brings a spirit of fun, authenticity, collaboration, and genuine hospitality to their life and work. We are seeking an individual who has the ability to bring the vision of Reverence to life.
We have poured passion, energy, and excitement into crafting an extraordinary place and brand and we know the right Outlet Manager will be as inspired and passionate about this dynamic vision as we are. Care for people, a belief in the power of community, and the desire to create extraordinary experiences drive us. You must apply if these things also drive you!
JOB SUMMARY – As the Food & Beverage Outlet Manager, you are not just serving guests amazing food and drinks; you are making our atmosphere truly unique. Our full-service bar features specialty cocktails, local craft beer on draft, and 150 bottle wine selection encompassing a wide selection of regions and varietals. Our food will focus on the incredible bounties of all the southern regions with worldly inspiration.
- Provide inspirational leadership with an emphasis on operations, food and service quality, people development, hospitality, cleanliness, and sales/profitability.
- Champion the guest experience while instilling a culture of guest-first hospitality.
- Collaborate with kitchen management to ensure strict standards for cleanliness, food safety, sanitation, food presentation, preparation times, freshness, and recipe adherence are met.
- Conduct monthly beverage inventory to ensure cost accuracy and profitability.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and recognition procedures in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules, in an organized and timely manner.
- Continuously develop and motivate the team to deliver legendary customer service.
- Conduct formal and on-the-job training sessions for front of house team members.
- Solicit guest feedback to understand guest needs and the needs of the local community.
- Utilize management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in sales, promos, voids, labor costs, food costs and operational expenses.
- Ensure the company’s policies and procedures are properly executed.
- Communicate effectively and ensure all policies, procedures and safety initiatives are known and followed by the team.
- Work with the kitchen management and mixologists to develop new menus to drive business and food trends with a goal of increasing business/profitability and ensuring repeat business.
- Supervise and/or participate in the cleaning of the front of house to meet all health, sanitation and ServSafe standards.
- Ensure that equipment is in proper working order; notify the maintenance department of any malfunctioning equipment.
- Meet with General Manager, Executive Chef and key team members to review assignments, anticipate business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Ensure that assigned staff has reported to work; document any late or absent team members.
- Recommend disciplinary, or other team-related actions in accordance with company policies. Alert senior management of potentially serious issues.
- Coordinate breaks for assigned staff.
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift. Identify situations, which compromise the restaurant standards and delegate tasks accordingly.
- Follow handwashing and virus prevention protocols.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
- Supervise assigned staff and work with Restaurant General Manager, Hotel General Manager and HR Director or performance and disciplinary issues.
- Maintain a sense of ownership for the restaurant
Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors to order supplies and equipment
- Health Department and other regulatory agencies regarding safety matters and kitchen inspections
- Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School Degree (or GED), or higher
- Degree or certificate in culinary arts with 3+ years of experience as a Restaurant Manager in a high-volume, highly acclaimed local or regional restaurant environment
- Proven history of strong leadership skills
- Alcohol awareness certification; preferred TIPS certified
- Valid health/ food handler card by local or state government agency
- Knowledge of Point of Sale systems
- Clean and immaculate presentation, well-groomed and hygienic
- Must be eligible to work legally in the US
- Must be able to work different shifts, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime when required
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, kneel, move, lift, walk
- Effective and mindful communication skills that will lead, motivate, and inspire your team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with numbers, understand basics of bar business profit and loss, handle cash, and able to operate a point-of-sale system
- Mathematical Mind: Ability to build a budget and comprehend P&L statements
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to maintain professionalism when interacting with guests and dealing with guest complaints and challenging situations
- Attentional to detail
- Strong problem solving and reasoning skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
MAINSAIL CORE VALUES:
- We respect individuals while celebrating rich dimensions of diversity of others
- We believe in the importance of the entrepreneurial spirit and making things happen through proactive behavior
- We require honesty and integrity in everything we do
- We live up to commitments and are first to follow up with our clients and suppliers
- Work is an important part of life and should be fun
- We carry an ownership mentality and conserve the company’s resources with the same vigilance we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources
- We feel a sense of urgency on all matters related to our clients, investors, guests and residents
- We understand the concept that achieving customer satisfaction is not enough and to be truly successful, we must strive for customer loyalty by delighting them.
WE OFFER A COMPETITIVE SALARY, COMMENSURATE WITH SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE and:
- A positive culture that rewards performance, encourages professional growth and treats team members with respect!
- Bi-weekly pay
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision); 401 K Retirement Plan
- Complimentary meal during working hours
- Community outreach/paid time off/tuition reimbursement
- Excellent discounts are at over 7,000 Marriott properties world-wide
Join our Team – and get ready to be a part of the next Epicurean chapter.