Fenway Hotel’s Assistant Food & Beverage Manager will be responsible for managing all F&B outlets from the arrival experience to the completion of the guest experience to ensure positive guest retention. Micros and Open Table preferred. Baseline knowledge of wine and spirits is a must. Bar and craft cocktail experience preferable, but not necessary.
As Fenway’s signature restaurant, HEW Parlor & Chophouse features a contemporary interpretation of classic chophouse design, with a Scottish accent and an open kitchen with interactive experiences. Hi-Fi Rooftop Bar is a gathering place for visitors and locals alike to enjoy breathtaking views over St. Joseph Sound, while savoring craft cocktails and small plates.
- Maintain compliance with Fenway Hotel and Mainsail Lodging & Development company core values
- Create a positive atmosphere for guests and team members
- Manage the day to day operations, ensuring quality service standards are met and the guest experience is exceptional
- Prepare all F&B team member schedules according to the business forecast, payroll budget guidelines, and productivity requirements; submit completed schedules to the General Manager and Human Resources when required
- Review staffing levels to ensure exceptional guest service and operational needs are met and financial objectives are being met
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Fenway Hotel and Mainsail Lodging & Development’s policy, following a schedule that will vary according to the needs of the hotel
- Maintain accurate payroll for all team members within the department. Comply with deadlines to ensure proper hours, PTO, and Holidays are paid out correctly.
- Participate in required meetings to include: Departmental, Staff, Manager, and any other meetings.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which includes wearing proper professional attire
- Comply with all safety standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations and OSHA guidelines
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints, and/or accidents at all F&B outlets in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner including follow up to ensure guest satisfaction
- Assist servers, server assistants, and hosts on the floor during meal periods and peak times
- Supervise daily shift operations working with Restaurant Managers
- Conduct daily pre-shifts to inform the team of the hotel happenings
- Work with Food & Beverage Manager on conducting monthly meetings with the department to review scores, training, and any hotel/department items.
- Uphold standards regarding purchase orders, voucher of invoices, and checkbook accounting according to Mainsail Lodging & Development standards
- Maintain service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/ lounge, and room service areas in compliance with the state regulations
- Ensure team members are aware of all applicable laws regarding alcoholic beverages.
- Complete all required training from Mainsail Corporate and as directed by Food & Beverage Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all F&B policies and procedures by training, supervision, hands-on approach, and follow-up
- Control costs by conducting daily/monthly par checks and inventory to review portion control, reduce waste, and ensure no interruption of service
- Monitor beverage staff to ensure proper portion control and maintain low beverage cost
- Assist in the planning and adjusting of menus by consulting with the Executive Chef
- Monitor dining room floor and assist where needed.
- Prepared to work a variety of shifts – including but not limited to opening shifts (7am), mid-shifts (12pm) and closing shifts (4-5pm) that could last until 1 or 2am.
- Conduct table touches during meals and/or upon guest departure to solicit feedback on the service, quality of food, and the overall impression of the experience to make adjustments when necessary
- Ensure guest privacy and security by correctly following hotel procedures
- Train, motivate, coach, counsel, and discipline all F&B team members according to Fenway Hotel standards with supervision from Food & Beverage Manager.
- Promote open lines of communication with all management and team members and maintain a professional work environment
- Ensure team members are treated fairly and equitably, prioritize team member retention
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in Safety Data Sheets; keep SDSs current and easily available
- Maintain and monitor “Lost and Found” procedures and policies according to standards
- Monitoring banquet service, including overseeing events as needed and working closely with Banquet Captain team on ensuring high levels of service and quality product.
- Participate in monthly review of P&L reports with Food & Beverage Manager.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Minimum 2 years in an Assistant Manager or Supervisory role at a high volume and/or fine dining restaurant or hotel.
- High school diploma or equivalent or higher required
- Fine dining and baseline wine knowledge a must
- Yelp Reservations knowledge preferred
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to lift, bend, and carry 20 lbs.
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to drive/transport self and others
- Ability to travel on occasion for meetings
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
About Fenway Hotel
Originally opened in 1927, Fenway Hotel is an icon of the jazz age, playing host to notable explorers, artists, politicians, musicians and living legends in its time as an operating hotel. Considered to be the “most historically valuable structure” in Dunedin, the hotel was also home to the first radio station in Pinellas County, which began broadcasting from the roof of the Fenway in 1925. Today, the Autograph Collection hotel features 83 guest rooms and suites; HEW Parlor & Chophouse, featuring chophouse cuts, chef-driven seasonal preparations and extensive whisky and Scotch collection; Hi-Fi Rooftop Bar overlooking St. Joseph Sound; a combined 10,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor event space, featuring the Caladesi Ballroom with water views; a resort-style pool; and an expansive front lawn ideal for events.