Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina is named after its location, a serene 230-acre private-island haven situated at the east end of Tortola in the British Virgin Islands. A luxury, AAA Four-Diamond hotel and the first member of Marriott’s Autograph Collection in the Caribbean, the resort is tucked into a rugged cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea and neighboring islands. It features 52 guest accommodations as well as a collection of two-, three-, four- and six-bedroom villas, the intimate Ixora Spa, world-class restaurants, two private beaches, on-site boutique, sundries shop with grab & go options, full-service provisions store and a 55-slip marina. The resort marina offers exhilarating excursions through Dive BVI, sailing certifications with Offshore Sailing School and is the base of operations for Dream Yacht Charter, the world’s leading charter company. Visit ScrubIsland.com to learn more.
Job Summary: Assists with operations of all financial aspects of hotel operations within the Scrub Island Resort, Spa and Marina. On-going management of property controls, investor relationships and Franchise, Owner and Corporate requirements. Provides guidance to GM in regards to operational controls and financial strategies, cash flows, inventory levels.
As a member of property executive committee, the position is to lead, influence and encourage others; advocates sound financial / business decision makings; demonstrate honesty/integrity; and lead by example.
- Fully develop and manage operating and capital budgets
- Daily Accounting Operation Oversight
- Timely and Accurate Financial Reporting
- Manage payables in coordination with Executive Committee
- Develop, implement and enforce operational procedures
- Participate in Sales Strategy Team to develop and monitor revenue streams
- Participate in implementation of hotel systems along with IT and Operations teams
- Lead Procurement Office to establish shipping / receiving of all opening inventories
- Review STAR report, shopping reports and other resources to maintain awareness of the hotel’s market position
- Execute and support Mainsail’s core values
- Perform other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs
- Ensure operational controls are in place, including performing routine audits of procedures
- Provide guidance to General Managers on financial and operational control concerns
- Prepare summary / flash reports to management team, ownership group
- Ensure compliance and reporting accuracy with Brand and Mainsail standards
- Ensure all licenses, taxes, insurance compliances
- Review of agreements and contracts
- Train and support management team on financial controls
- Train and support Accounting Staff
- Develops relationships between the resort and key local stakeholders; suppliers, banks, government agencies etc, and participates with Executive Management Committee in local community interaction opportunities.
- Ensure successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and investors
- Develops and maintains a set of daily and weekly operational and cost data to track spend on payroll, cost of sales and other expenditure against budget and against updated forecast performance, and communicates this appropriately to the Management team. Highlights immediately where this diverts, or is projected to divert from planned parameters.
- Continually analyses and updates projected performance in order to protect and increase profitability.
Education & Experience
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree required
- 10 years of progressive experience in finance and accounting in hospitality industry & similar resort in a large hotel chain
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Previous Resort / hotel controller experience
- Previous Construction Accounting experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals or groups
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs a must, Marriott systems a plus
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to drive/transport self and others
- Ability to travel to corporate offices for reviews and meetings
- Long hours sometimes required
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotels and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary