*** Career Fair for Epic ATL ***
Bring your resume; apply in person!
Wednesday 7/28 from 10am-2pm and Thursday 7/29 from 3 pm- 7pm
Address: 1465 Chattahoochee Avenue; Suite 450; Atlanta, GA 30318
It is about grit. An attitude. An elevated level of hospitality. Curiosity to seek out new hospitality trends. Desire to nurture relationships.
At Epicurean Atlanta, we surround ourselves with those who are like-minded and motivated to educate our guests on the Epicurean experience and bring it to life.
Who we are seeking:
We are seeking a unique individual who will embody the heart and soul of a true epicurean while caring deeply about the brand and community. Someone who acts as an extension of our pillars, values, and culture. This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our team members, guests, and community while simultaneously ensuring the success of Epicurean Atlanta.
We want to work with someone at the top of their game, who brings a spirit of fun, authenticity, collaboration and genuine hospitality to their life and work. We are seeking an individual who will help bring the vision of Epicurean Atlanta to life.
We have poured passion, energy, and excitement into crafting an extraordinary place and brand and know the right Assistant Director of Engineering will be as inspired and passionate about this dynamic vision as we are. Care for people, a belief in the power of the community, and a desire to create ordinary experiences drive us. Is this YOU?
As Assistant Director of Engineering, you would be responsible for assisting the Complex Director of Engineering in overseeing the functionality and safety of Epicurean Atlanta and 40 West 12th to protect the well-being of all guests, residents and team members in our ongoing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
- Assist in directing and overseeing the functionality and safety of the facility, including, but not limited to, physical buildings, mechanical equipment, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, life safety systems and grounds according to federal, state and local regulations
- Conduct facility inspections and direct general construction and the installation, maintenance and repair of all electrical, mechanical and architectural systems throughout the facility to ensure operational efficiency and safety
- Assign, verify and document completion of all routine maintenance and repairs in the property maintenance management system
- Communicates with city/county/state officials to ensure the proper maintenance of permits and licenses, to coordinate required inspections and to ensure full compliance with codes, regulations and safety standards
- Assists in the execution of capital projects
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations, providing professional development and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Acts in absence of the Director
- Leads special projects, as needed
- Support Company’s philosophy and company culture
- Ensure all maintenance practices are conducted appropriately by exercising the SOP and P&P developed by the Director of Property Operations.
- Supervise the strategic direction of general projects related to the enhancement of the hotel.
- Ensure operation and maintenance is conducted using appropriate materials and practices based on the Engineering Policy and Procedures.
- Maintain all equipment and systems functioning to its optimum benefit.
- Conduct preventive maintenance work in kitchen equipment, guest rooms, spa, public areas, banquet areas and Hotel mechanical equipment.
- Assist in overseeing scheduling for hotel Engineers
- Perform and oversee routine operation, preventive maintenance, and repairs of hotel systems (Electrical, HVAC, Mechanical, Plumbing, and Structural) as required.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all Spa equipment.
- Work with BMS (Building Maintenance System) on a daily basis
- Execute and oversee miscellaneous carpentry projects and repairs
- Interface with other hotel departments, i.e. Front Desk, Housekeeping, F&B, Security and AYS
- Maintain records of work completed
- Report depleted inventory of parts and supplies
- Observe proper workplace safety precautions
- Participate in proper safety precautions including fire drills as part of the Emergency Response Team
- Maintain all blueprints in order and trained engineers on them
- Conducted several safety trainings as lockout tag out, electrical safety, platforms, ladder safety, back safety, use of PPE
- Supervise Semi-Annual testing of kitchen fire suppression system
- Coordinate preventive room maintenance program with departments such as Housekeeping, Front office etc. to maintain the upper upscale status
- Implement engineering policy & procedures developed by Epicurean and 40 W 12th management
- Participate in all aspects of safety procedures and practices, working directly with the security
- Keep records and documentation up to date of all the Engineering safety and inspection requirements
- Coordinate with all departments including residential on day-to-day operations
- Conduct and participate in meetings, seminars, training etc
- Assign and supervise daily tasks and projects to the engineering mechanics
- Monitor GXP to ensure the correct departmental workflow
- Schedule outside contractors as approved by the Director of Engineering
Education and Experience
- Must possess excellent coordination, written and interactive skills
- A minimum of 2-5 years involvement of high-end property management
- Must possess excellent knowledge of major building systems
- Considerable knowledge of mathematical skills necessary to interpret electrical, mechanical and building systems
- Considerable knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems with the ability to analyze their design and intent and performance
- Considerable knowledge of construction and building systems
- Ability to analyze trends in utility consumption report and predict energy forecast and to set up energy conservation programs
- Prior Marriott hotel or resort related experience a plus
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., bend, kneel, move, lift, walk
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Makes sound judgments quickly
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Maintains the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
Mainsail Lodging & Development Core Values:
- We respect individuals while celebrating rich dimensions of diversity of others
- We believe in the importance of the entrepreneurial spirit and making things happen through proactive behavior
- We require honesty and integrity in everything we do
- We live up to commitments and are first to follow up with our clients and suppliers
- Work is an important part of life and should be fun
- We carry an ownership mentality and conserve the company’s resources with the same vigilance we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources
- We feel a sense of urgency on all matters related to our clients, investors, guests and residents
- We understand the concept that achieving customer satisfaction is not enough and to be truly successful, we must strive for customer loyalty by delighting them