Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina is named after its location, a serene 230-acre private-island haven situated at the east end of Tortola in the British Virgin Islands. A luxury, AAA Four-Diamond hotel and the first member of Marriott’s Autograph Collection in the Caribbean, the resort is tucked into a rugged cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea and neighboring islands. It features 52 guest accommodations as well as a collection of two-, three-, four- and six-bedroom villas, the intimate Ixora Spa, world-class restaurants, two private beaches, on-site boutique, sundries shop with grab & go options, full-service provisions store and a 55-slip marina. The resort marina offers exhilarating excursions through Dive BVI, sailing certifications with Offshore Sailing School and is the base of operations for Dream Yacht Charter, the world’s leading charter company. Visit ScrubIsland.com to learn more.
The Aircon & Refrigeration Technician perform Installing, troubleshooting and overhauling entire heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems. Testing heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems for leaks.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prior job related experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other employees.
- Read, write and speak English fluently.
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, as well as basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to speak and hear.
- Close and distance vision
- Identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent walking with some standing at times.
- Will walk for long periods of time, possibly extended distances.
- Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs.
- Occasionally lifts/carries up to 50 lbs.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Able to reach hands and arms in any direction and kneel and stoop repeatedly.
- Able to spend long periods of time on your feet, sitting or working in close quarters.
- Able to work early mornings and late nights
- Cleaning condenser and evaporator units.
- Examining electrical wirings, switches, fan motor and compressor.
- Examining bearings, belts, bushing of all fan motors.
- Examining pipe insulation to prevent condensation.
- Addressing Leaks and performing repairs.
- System checks of pressure gas.
- Flushing and cleaning of water trays in drain lines to avoid flooding.
- Checking vibration to avoid noise.
- Checking and repair broken pipe flared or welded type.
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service.
- May train or direct work of other classified staff in this area.
- Assists and serves as back up to other facilities employees.
- Any other duties assigned by the Manager or Supervisor.